Monday, October 18, 2010

Mad Men Finale...WOW!


So, I DOUBT I'm the only one out there who dropped jaw when Don proposed to that naive secretary of his! I literally squealed with shock at the sudden seemingly impulsive decision. However...on to other, more important matters (in my eyes)...the clothes!!!

We all knew that Joan kept Roger's baby, though she fibbed about it, BUT you could really start to see it in this episode. She's a voluptuous woman, there's no doubt about that, but the best thing about her figure is she can pull off those '60s dresses with the form-fitting waist lines, and high necked collars without any unflattering areas showing. EXCEPT...if you notice her in this same style dress she always wear...you can see a tiny bump below. Which, I feel is somewhat interesting that she'd wear that (her character, not what Janie Bryant chose) because obviously Roger would know it's his, and notice it instantly.

Next, Betty, whom I've developed a strong dislike for, looked fabulous as always though. I loved how her classic red lipstick didn't make an appearance in this past episode; it was more of a spring pink color, which is a color that evolved after the '50s housewife motif. Props to Betty for keeping up with the times!

Then last, but certainly not least...though I dislike the secretary...who's alleged name is said to be Megan...she did have quite the flair of outfits in this episode as well. I loved the play of the floppy hat in the swimming pool, the hot pink dress with cinched waist line, and the black evening gown with an embellishing neckline. She moved up half a centimeter on my "like" list for her...ha. That's all!

Hope you enjoyed my analysis on tv's best show!

No comments:

Post a Comment